At the beginning…
Fairview’s first known settler was supposedly William Duvall, who owned 6,000 acres of land.
Located on Paw Paw Creek, Fairview was originally called Paw Paw City, and the post office was known as Amos. The town was quite a stable community until the oil and gas boom in 1890. At that time, hundreds of people moved into the town, filling every house, outbuilding, and even living in tents until better quarters could be found.